Aims and objectives
- To provide the best possible quality care within the constraints available, ensuring the health and wellbeing of the people using our service is promoted and maintained.
- Care plans and daily routines are developed through consultation with the people who use our service to ensure an individual approach truly reflecting our approach to Person Centred Planning.
- We will empower the people who use our service to develop life skills, building confidence and self-esteem.
- We will foster an atmosphere of care and support, which both enables and encourages the people who use our service to live a full interesting and independent lifestyle as far as possible with rules and regulations being kept to a minimum.
- People who use our service will be treated with dignity, privacy and respect and will be protected from abuse. Their equality, diversity and human rights will be actively promoted.
- 6. People who use our service will be supported and cared for by appropriately qualified and competent staff, we will provide continuous professional development and on-going supervision and appraisals to demonstrate staff competency.
- The people who use our service will be listened to through our quality assurance systems and user friendly complaints procedure.
Brief description of location
Hope Lodge provides residential care and support to three adults with a learning disability associated with autistic spectrum disorder. The home is located in a quiet residential street but within walking distance of Luton Town Centre with access to the community and benefits from the facilities in the town centre such as pubs, restaurants, a large range of shops, church and cinema. With good access to public transport networks including bus and train services.
All service users have individual bedrooms equipped with a hand wash basin. Communal areas are shared with access to a lounge/ dining room, a domestic style kitchen and utility area, downstairs toilet with shower and an upstairs bathroom. The conservatory houses the laundry facilities.
The home is not suited to people with reduced mobility. There is a front garden with some off street parking. The back garden is secure and well maintained.